I made these cookies just today for sweet punch of this month....Its eggless whole wheat almond cookies..The recipe is so simple and I halved the white sugar and used brown sugar...It tasted yum,both the ways..The cookie doesnt need the baking powder and baking soda...Quit Good and Healthy,Isn't it?
Make a very soft dough with the given ingredients in the recipe
Make Cookies in desired shapes and Bake them at 170C for 15-20 minutes..
The Cookies made with brown Sugar
The Actual Recipe Says
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom seed coarsely powder (ilaichi)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (8 tablespoons or 4oz)
About 2 tablespoons of milk or as needed
· Pre heat the oven to 360 degree F.
· In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, sliced almonds and cardamom powder well.
· Next add soft butter and milk to the flour mixture to make dough.
Dough should be very soft.
· Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
· Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 1/2” in thickness.
· Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about inch a part.
· Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown.
· After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool down
for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
Can Substitute Almonds with Pistachios or Walnuts
If you are planning to shoot me the question of from where did i bought the almond flakes